The L. S. A. was founded in 1993 . Its membership
is composed of researchers and professors from different Lebanese universities .
- To develop sociology as a science with
its proper methodology and rules. and to contribute in the
development of a scientific approach to the social facts
- To encourage research in the various social
- To Contribute to Lebanon's society development
by means of theoretical and field research, developmental
efforts and the raising of general awareness.
- To work for the consecration and formation
of sociology as a specialization and as a profession in
- To establish close scientific and professional
ties between sociologists and research institutions in Lebanon
- To provide advice and consultation concerning
- Convening the first conference on "
Sientific Criteria in Sociological Writings " (January
1997). The conference proceedings have been published in
a book, which can be obtained from the secretariat of L.
- The publication of the first guide for
researches and works in the different fields of sociology
in Lebanon (2000) . The book can be obtained from the secretariat
of L. A. S.
- The convening of academic encounters
to discuss books published by colleagues in the field of
- The L. A. S. has participated in writing
the sociology text book for the secondary school level.
- The organization of workshops for evaluation
the contents of the secondary level sociology text-books.
- Training teacherrs in the methods and
techniques of teaching sociology.
70 members are registred in Summer 2001